Is Chocolate Bad for Dogs?
Chocolate is not suited for a dog’s health. Theobromine that it contains proves harmful to dogs. However, a small piece of chocolate will usually not make a difference. It generally matters only when the quantity goes too high. The symptoms of chocolate over-eating by dogs usually are increased urination, vomiting and diarrhea. Since these are early warnings, you have sufficient time to treat your dog. In some rare cases, it may further lead to increased heart rate and the animal may slip into a coma and eventually die. Again, the amount of chocolate that will harm the dog depends on many factors such as the age and health of the dog and the type of chocolate.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California