Is Cake Mix A Mixture Or Compound?
A cake mix is a mixture, containing fats, sugars, starches, proteins and water that can be separated out. A cake is a mixture because the proportions can be variable and the materials from which the cake is made do not combine to form a substance of uniform composition. On the other hand, compounds are chemical unions of elements that combine in definite proportions. Besides, compounds are of uniform composition.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California