How to stop/prevent HP ENVY 14 from taking focus on volume key? HP ENVY 13, 14, 15, 17 Volume Takes Focus Laptop
The HP ENVY 14 (and ENVY family in general) is a great laptop, but has one huge annoyance: when you press Volume Up or Volume Down, a bar appears and TAKES THE FOCUS away from the running application, closing full screen video and minimizing full screen games.
We have the fix. Luckily it is simple.
- Click the Start Menu
- Type System Configuration
- Press Enter
- In the screen that appears, click Startup
- Uncheck the item called HP MediaSmart SmartMenu
- Click OK
- Restart your computer
Here is a screenshot of what that looks like:
That's it! Now that annoying volume gauge, which is useless, will be gone. All the other function keys will continue to work.
This fix is for Windows 7. We make no guarantees that this will fix your problem, and this article is for informational purposes only.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California