How to pay for Beauty/Cosmetology School
Completing a course at a beauty school can be quite expensive, often up to $10,000 in tuition fees alone or more. Then throw in room and board, textbooks, equipment and cosmetic supplies and you’re up to almost $16,000. Thankfully there are a variety of options available to help you pay for these courses. There is the federal work study program in which you work part time to pay back the enrollment charges of your school. They’re also a wide variety of Federal grant options available to help you out, including the Federal Pell Grant and the Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant. These must be applied for but can provide up to $4000 per year in tuition fees. There is also the FAFSA available with opportunities and financial aid for students in need of funding and then there are of course bank loans and the Federal Perkins Loan which lets you borrow up to $20000. If you are interested in taking a beauty course at a particular school the best idea is to call up their admissions office and ask about their financial aid options. You should also read our articles on the cost of cosmetology school, the best cosmetology schools cosmetologist salary and the education requirements.
Job and Career Information Series
Learn more about the salary, benefits, education requirements, and hiring requirements of many jobs and careers in our ongoing information series.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California
- How Much Does an Average Teacher Get Paid/Earn Per Year?
- How Much Does an Average Writer Make Per Year?
- How Much Does an Average Website Make/Earn Per Year? Average Website Income/Profit/Earnings
- How Much Does a Petrologist Make Per Year? Average Petrologist Salary
- How Much Does a Ranji Player Make Per Year? Average Ranji Player Salary