How to make a Soy Latte at home without a machine
Making your own soy latte is a lot easier than it looks. You don’t need an enormous cast-iron and copper espresso machine, steam jets, or thermometers. All you need is a stovetop espresso pot, which you can buy at Target, Wal-Mart, or Amazon for $7. For the best results, read our to making espresso without a machine. Start by brewing up a pot of espresso. Set this aside with the lid on to keep it hot while preparing the soy milk. Microwave half a cup of soy milk for about one minute or until it is steaming hot but not boiling. If you have a milk frother or hand blender, you can add foam to your latte. Milk frothers are special tools used to make milk foamy and keep it that way. You can buy one for $10 at Amazon.com or at a cooking supply store. Remember to keep the frother just under the surface of the soy milk for the best results. Pour the espresso into a coffee mug. Add in the soy milk and serve.
Tips and Variations:
You can sprinkle cinnamon or ground nutmeg on top if you like.
If you like your latte extra hot, heat your cup before pouring in the espresso. Do this by boiling water in the cup in the microwave. Pour it out before adding the espresso.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California