How to become a Beautician: Education requirements
Official training at a vocational school of cosmetology is generally required for those seeking jobs as beauticians. In general this training lasts an average of 9 months to 2 years. This is oftentimes followed up by an out-of-school apprenticeship for another 1 to 4 years. Beauticians are required to be licensed in the United States unless you are a makeup artist or shampoo specialist. Each state has its own licensing requirement which is most often in the form of a test, training program, or high school diploma. Courses that a beautician may be required to take a cosmetology school include Fundamentals of Cosmetology, Manicuring, Hairstyling, Hair Coloring, Hair Design, Skin Care, and Salon Management. Check out our article on beautician salary. Also read our guide to paying for Beauty School and our list of the top beauty schools.
Job and Career Information Series
Learn more about the salary, benefits, education requirements, and hiring requirements of many jobs and careers in our ongoing information series.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California
- How Much Does an Average Teacher Get Paid/Earn Per Year?
- How Much Does an Average Writer Make Per Year?
- How Much Does an Average Website Make/Earn Per Year? Average Website Income/Profit/Earnings
- How Much Does a Petrologist Make Per Year? Average Petrologist Salary
- How Much Does a Ranji Player Make Per Year? Average Ranji Player Salary