How to become a Masseuse/Massage Therapist: Education requirements
The requirements to practice massage therapy as a certified masseuse are actually quite light. You must have a minimum of 500-1000 hours of training (depending on the state) in massage therapy in addition to passing a certification exam. A masseuse should also look into training in alternative medicine as well as psychology as both of these help their clients relax and can greatly increase the masseuse’s salary. Many states require that you complete an educational program that has been state-approved. You might be like to know how much a masseuse makes in a year. Also read our guide to paying for Beauty School and the list of the top massage therapy schools.
Job and Career Information Series
Learn more about the salary, benefits, education requirements, and hiring requirements of many jobs and careers in our ongoing information series.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California
- How Much Does an Average Teacher Get Paid/Earn Per Year?
- How Much Does an Average Writer Make Per Year?
- How Much Does an Average Website Make/Earn Per Year? Average Website Income/Profit/Earnings
- How Much Does a Petrologist Make Per Year? Average Petrologist Salary
- How Much Does a Ranji Player Make Per Year? Average Ranji Player Salary