How much does an Expert Witness make per Year? Average Expert Witness Salary Range
With the greatly increased public exposure of the role of expert witnesses, more and more people every year are considering the possibilities of this profession. So how much does an expert witness make per year? To begin with, expert witnesses are not usually officially employed, only rented for particular cases. Expert witness compensation amounts are usually dependent upon the nature of their expertise and is often paid by the hour. Medical experts are an average of $560 per hour, and can earn annual salaries upwards of $50,000 per year if they are skilled enough. Expert witnesses in other fields will generally earn closer to $250 per hour. A role as an expert witness is usually done more for a supplemental income rather than a primary career.
Job and Career Information Series
Learn more about the salary, benefits, education requirements, and hiring requirements of many jobs and careers in our ongoing information series.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California
- How Much Does an Average Teacher Get Paid/Earn Per Year?
- How Much Does an Average Writer Make Per Year?
- How Much Does an Average Website Make/Earn Per Year? Average Website Income/Profit/Earnings
- How Much Does a Petrologist Make Per Year? Average Petrologist Salary
- How Much Does a Ranji Player Make Per Year? Average Ranji Player Salary