How much does an Astronaut make per Year? Average Annual Salary Range 2010
This year the average salary of an astronaut is $73,000 per year. The salary of an astronaut is determined by their years of experience, their level of skill, and their rank. A starting astronaut of rank GS-12 earns a salary of $65,000 per year, while a higher ranking GS-13 with more years of experience can earn up to $100,800 per year. Astronaut salaries have been rising steadily over the last 30 years and are expected to rise an additional 10-12% over the next decade.
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics
Job and Career Information Series
Learn more about the salary, benefits, education requirements, and hiring requirements of many jobs and careers in our ongoing information series.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California
- How Much Does an Average Teacher Get Paid/Earn Per Year?
- How Much Does an Average Writer Make Per Year?
- How Much Does an Average Website Make/Earn Per Year? Average Website Income/Profit/Earnings
- How Much Does a Petrologist Make Per Year? Average Petrologist Salary
- How Much Does a Ranji Player Make Per Year? Average Ranji Player Salary