How much does a Turkey Weigh?
Turkey is a bird originating from northern United States, being domesticated by the inhabitants of American continent. The turkey is a part of the animals raised exclusively for meat. Turkey is found in Meleagris class that includes six subspecies. Of these six, two have helped to perpetuate the modern turkey: Meleagris gallopavo and Meleagris Ocella. For many farmers, this bird is a real gold mine because the investment in a turkey farm is relatively small taking into consideration the profit earned from selling the meat. Usually a turkey weighs on an average 17 pounds.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California