How much does a Tree Weigh?
Weighing a tree implies many difficulties because it need to be specified if the weight includes leaves, seeds and fruits or just the wood. Another important factor is the age of the tree. There are very mature trees that do not permit an easy handling and for those trees only their girth is measured in order to estimate the biomass. Also, there are many species of trees and each tree weighs different. For example a Mahogany tree weighs 32-34 pounds per cubic foot, and a Teak weighs 30-49 pounds per cubic foot.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California