How much does a Tomato Weigh?
Tomatoes are originally from Peru and they were first brought to Europe in the XVI century. Until the XIX century, unripe tomatoes were not eaten, being considered poisonous. The tomato is a healthy vegetable with high nutritional value and, above all, a good antioxidant. It is a vegetable rich in Lycopene, the substance that gives the red color, being a good antioxidant for the body, especially in case of cardiovascular diseases. A tomato usually weighs 80-90 grams.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California