How much does a Tire Weigh?
When they first appeared, tires were made out of steel covering wooden wheels, used for wagons and carts. The first rubber tire was made by John Boyd Dunlop in 1887, in his attempt to replace his son’s bicycle wheels. The material used for pneumatic tire is mainly rubber with reinforcing materials such as wire and fabric. In the 20th century the first tire companies appeared, and the industry grew up along with the auto industry. The weight of a tire depends on its size, but the average weight is 22Ibs.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California