How much does a Quarter Horse Weigh?
The name of the Quarter Horse is related to the ability of this breed of horse to surpass other breeds of horses in competitions of a quarter mile distance. It is an American breed very good at sprinting on short distances. The breed is known for participating at shows, rodeos and also as a farm horse. It is a breed spread worldwide in countries such as Germany, Italy, Brazil and Australia. The American Quarter Horse has a well structured and strong body reaching an average weight of 1500 pounds. But this varies depending on the height of the horse and if the horse is trained for races or if the horse is hard worked.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California