How much does a Horse Weigh?
The horse is a herbivore animal, being one of the seven modern species of the Equus genus. Horses were domesticated about 10,000 years ago. During this period these steadfast and energetic animals have been used to transport people and cargo, and sometimes food. Once they have been domesticated horses were bred to obtain certain characteristics and abilities. Depending on breed, behavior and characteristics, horses range from a calm and quiet horse to a smart, agile and determined horse. An average horse weighs between 500 to 600 kilograms.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California