How much does a Children’s Book Illustrator make per Year? Average Annual Salary Range
Children’s book illustration is an excellent career for any up and coming artist. The average pay for one in this profession is $36,200, with the range lying between $16,300 and $75,600. Best-selling illustrators often earn much more than these figures. If not paid a flat fee, illustrators will earn their salary based on royalties, which are generally split with the author of the text portion of the book. The standard royalty is 7% for paperback books and 11% for hardcover. The difference in how the royalty is split depends upon contribution. Providing a few illustrations for a novel will earn about 10%, while a heavily illustrated book can earn up to 75% of the royalty amounts, or more.
Job and Career Information Series
Learn more about the salary, benefits, education requirements, and hiring requirements of many jobs and careers in our ongoing information series.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California
- How Much Does an Average Teacher Get Paid/Earn Per Year?
- How Much Does an Average Writer Make Per Year?
- How Much Does an Average Website Make/Earn Per Year? Average Website Income/Profit/Earnings
- How Much Does a Petrologist Make Per Year? Average Petrologist Salary
- How Much Does a Ranji Player Make Per Year? Average Ranji Player Salary