How much does a Brain Weigh?
The human brain weighs 2% of a person’s body weight, but it uses 20% of the body's energy. The energy used by the brain is enough to light a 25 watt bulb. Unlike any other organ, specialized in processing chemicals and energy, the brain has specialized receptors in processing the information, which are absolutely necessary to regulate the internal organs and human behavior in a highly variable environment. The heaviest human brain weighs 2300 kilograms.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California