How make Irish Coffee at home
Irish coffee is a great way to give your coffee some extra kick and it’s quite easy to make. First brew up some hot black coffee or espresso. Read our [l: How-to-make-Espresso-at-home-without-a-machine espresso making page] for details on how to easily make espresso at home. Pour 2/3 cup of the coffee into a glass. Add in at least a teaspoon of sugar and stir it until mostly dissolved. This is essential to get the cream to float at the end as it gives the coffee surface tension and weight. Pour in a shot of Irish whiskey, brandy, or Bailey’s Irish Cream. There is a special trick to floating the cream on the surface of the coffee. Take your carton of heavy cream and shake it three times to help lighten it. Measure out ¼ cup of cream Hold a spoon upside down just over the surface of the coffee. Slowly pour the cream onto the back of the spoon. This will allow it to gently hit the surface and keep it from mixing in with the coffee. Top with a dash of cocoa, nutmeg or cinnamon if desired and serve. If you have trouble floating the cream, try adding more sugar to the coffee, or lightly whip the cream before adding it.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California