How do you make gravy?
Gravy is a lot easier to make from scratch than many people think. To start you will need to make a roux. Melt two tablespoons of butter in a pan over medium heat and add in two tablespoons of all-purpose flour. Whisk these together and gradually add in 1 cup of broth (any kind will work, although chicken tends to be the best]. Allow it to heat and thicken as you add it in. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Some herbs that go well with gravy are thyme, rosemary, sage, and hot red pepper. You can also add in fried mushrooms, onions, or sausage to give your gravy extra kick.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California