How do you make broth?
Making broth is very simple and homemade broth tastes so much better than what you buy in a store. Place your meat or vegetables in a medium sized pot. Some things that you might use are chicken legs, turkey pieces, pork chops, beef soup bones, or a mixture of your favorite vegetables. A combination of bones and meat is ideal when using meat as each gives your broth something different. Pour in enough water to just barely cover most of your ingredients. Add 1 teaspoon of salt. Simmer on medium heat for half an hour to an hour. For best results, separate off any fat floating on top with a [l: How-do-you-use-a-fat-separator fat separator] or baster. To make extra rich broth, roast your meat or vegetables beforehand. This will bring out more flavor and juices.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California