How do you make Alfredo Sauce?
Making an Alfredo sauce is actually much easier than you might think. The first step is to make a roux. Melt two tablespoons of butter in a pan over medium heat. Add in an equal amount of all-purpose flour and mix well with a whisk, forming a smooth paste. Gradually add in 1 cup of milk, mixing well and allowing to reheat. Add in salt, pepper and a bay leaf if you like. Once the mixture has boiled, take it off the heat and add in ½ cup of grated parmesan cheese. Stir until well mixed. Serves two people. You can add in fried shrimp, mushrooms, spinach, chicken, or anything else you think would go well with Alfredo.
If you are going to serve this with pasta, boil the water in advance and start cooking the noodles once you’ve begun adding in the milk. You should also read our guide to unsticky pasta
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California