How do you eat an artichoke?
Artichokes can be a little strange to eat if you’ve never had one before. If the artichoke is trimmed, chopped and cooked in a larger dish, then it is usually completely edible. If you have a whole boiled artichoke there is a special way that you eat them. Pull off each leaf and you will find an edible piece at the bottom of each. Simply dip these in a sauce or mayonnaise and bite off the tender end. Once you’ve gotten through most of the outer leaves, you will get to the thinner inside leaves. Pull all of these out and you will find a slightly prickly layer of tiny, inedible needles inside. Scoop these out carefully with a spoon and expose the tender heart. The heart is especially good. You should also read our article on how to cook artichokes.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California