How Much Does a Thoracic Surgeon Make Per Year? Average Thoracic Surgeon Salary
A thoracic surgeon is someone who performs surgery on various organs of the chest including the heart, lungs and esophagus. This also includes cardiothoracic surgeons, cardiovascular surgeons and congenital heart surgeons. The basic difference between a cardiologist and a thoracic surgeon is that a thoracic surgeon performs surgical treatments of heart related disorders while a cardiologist primarily depends on medications to treat heart disease. In the United States, a thoracic surgeon can make approximately $400,000 to $800,000 a year.
Job and Career Information Series
Learn more about the salary, benefits, education requirements, and hiring requirements of many jobs and careers in our ongoing information series.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California
- How Much Does an Average Teacher Get Paid/Earn Per Year?
- How Much Does an Average Writer Make Per Year?
- How Much Does an Average Website Make/Earn Per Year? Average Website Income/Profit/Earnings
- How Much Does a Petrologist Make Per Year? Average Petrologist Salary
- How Much Does a Ranji Player Make Per Year? Average Ranji Player Salary