How Much Does a Petrologist Make Per Year? Average Petrologist Salary
Petrology takes its name from the Greek words “petra” meaning rock and “logos” meaning knowledge. It is a branch of geology that studies rock formation. A petrologist is the scientist that studies rocks in order to determine their origin, geologic history and composition. The most known material on Earth is rocks, and thus, an understanding of rocks is very important for an understanding of how Earth works. Petrologists have to examine different properties of the rocks such as streak, hardness, luster, cleavage and eve color, to determine the origin and the composition of the rocks. The average petrologist salary is $57,167 per year.
Job and Career Information Series
Learn more about the salary, benefits, education requirements, and hiring requirements of many jobs and careers in our ongoing information series.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California
- How Much Does an Average Teacher Get Paid/Earn Per Year?
- How Much Does an Average Writer Make Per Year?
- How Much Does an Average Website Make/Earn Per Year? Average Website Income/Profit/Earnings
- How Much Does a Ranji Player Make Per Year? Average Ranji Player Salary
- How Much Does a Millwright Make Per Year? Average Millwright Salary?