How Much Does a Fire Chief Make Per Year? Average Fire Chief Salary
Fire Chiefs usually perform all the jobs of a firefighter, though they are responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of a fire unit. The average income of a fire chief is $90,000. This varies from state to state. For instance, a fire chief in the state of California is said to take home salaries closer to $150,000 and those in Texas and Illinois draw well over $100,000. However, fire chiefs employed in Michigan, Georgia, Colorado and Florida take a relatively low income. It is the fire chief who has to take spot decisions in an exigency.
Job and Career Information Series
Learn more about the salary, benefits, education requirements, and hiring requirements of many jobs and careers in our ongoing information series.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California
- How Much Does an Average Teacher Get Paid/Earn Per Year?
- How Much Does an Average Writer Make Per Year?
- How Much Does an Average Website Make/Earn Per Year? Average Website Income/Profit/Earnings
- How Much Does a Petrologist Make Per Year? Average Petrologist Salary
- How Much Does a Ranji Player Make Per Year? Average Ranji Player Salary