Firefighter Salary 2011
In general, firefighter jobs offer above-average salaries. On average, firefighters draw an annual income of $45,000 in 2011. San Jose, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Fairfax, Austin, Sacramento and Milwaukee pay better paychecks to firefighters. They get compensation for their firefighting devices and uniforms, besides receiving health and dental insurance, paid vacation time and sick leave. Firefighters risk their lives to provide safety to the public whenever fire breaks out in an area. The job requires intense training in view of the high amount of risks involved in it.
Job and Career Information Series
Learn more about the salary, benefits, education requirements, and hiring requirements of many jobs and careers in our ongoing information series.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California
- How Much Does an Average Teacher Get Paid/Earn Per Year?
- How Much Does an Average Writer Make Per Year?
- How Much Does an Average Website Make/Earn Per Year? Average Website Income/Profit/Earnings
- How Much Does a Petrologist Make Per Year? Average Petrologist Salary
- How Much Does a Ranji Player Make Per Year? Average Ranji Player Salary