Excel Help: Count Matches to (in) a String
Use the following formula if you want to match how many times a particular string (substring actually) occurs in a cell:
You will of course need to replace "matchthis" with whatever string you want to count. This formula takes in A1 as the input so you may want to change that as well.
If you like this formula, tell your friends!
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California