Emergency Room Doctor Job Description
An emergency room doctor’s job description is centered upon the primary task of providing emergency medical treatment for patients in critical condition. An emergency room doctor must be capable of working under extreme pressure and must deal with trauma, major wounds, broken bones, perform operations on injuries, administer CPR and electric shock resuscitation, determine cause of death, alert authorities of suspicious injuries and deaths, administer anesthetics and other medications, refer patients to other doctors for follow-up consultations, and fill out paperwork. To become an emergency room doctor, you must have a full medical degree and spend several years as a medical resident.
Job and Career Information Series
Learn more about the salary, benefits, education requirements, and hiring requirements of many jobs and careers in our ongoing information series.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California
- How Much Does an Average Teacher Get Paid/Earn Per Year?
- How Much Does an Average Writer Make Per Year?
- How Much Does an Average Website Make/Earn Per Year? Average Website Income/Profit/Earnings
- How Much Does a Petrologist Make Per Year? Average Petrologist Salary
- How Much Does a Ranji Player Make Per Year? Average Ranji Player Salary