Do you need an Intel Xeon CPU to have dual processors? Are Xeons required for dual processor motherboard?
You do indeed need to buy Xeon processors to configure them in a dual processor (as opposed to dual core) configuration. Xeon processors are generally more expensive than non-Xeon (e.g. Core/Pentium) processors. Xeon chips have a certain flag set on them that will cause them to be recognized as Xeon CPUs by a motherboard and then run in a dual configuration. One alternative is to consider AMD solutions.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California