City Planner Job Description
The essential part of a city planner’s job description is that of designing layouts for cities. This means zoning different areas for particular functions such as residential, commercial, an industrial to serve the needs of citizens and ensure comfort and safety. More specifically, a city planner is also required to determine layouts for roads and highways, work with construction firms and road or utility maintenance crews to reduce inconvenience and improve productivity, design public transportation systems, parks, and monuments, and purchase and install signage.
Job and Career Information Series
Learn more about the salary, benefits, education requirements, and hiring requirements of many jobs and careers in our ongoing information series.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California
- How Much Does an Average Teacher Get Paid/Earn Per Year?
- How Much Does an Average Writer Make Per Year?
- How Much Does an Average Website Make/Earn Per Year? Average Website Income/Profit/Earnings
- How Much Does a Petrologist Make Per Year? Average Petrologist Salary
- How Much Does a Ranji Player Make Per Year? Average Ranji Player Salary