Can you have a Pet Zebra? Legal Domesticated Zebras, Where are they for Sale?
Zebras are striking creatures in their appearance and their behavior. Like horses in some ways, zebras are also quite different. As to the legality of keeping a zebras as a pet, the answer depends upon where you live. Numerous states and countries have laws banning exotic pets, but if it is in fact legal in your state or region to own exotic pets, then you can have a zebra. In general, you will need to obtain a specific license to own an exotic pet or livestock. You also most likely need to live in a rural area to accommodate the zebra’s outdoor lifestyle. Purchasing a zero can be quite expensive, and you will need to consult with exotic animal handlers as well as horse trainers and other specialists in the area.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. Keeping the above mentioned animal as a pet may be dangerous or illegal. We do not condone selling illegal pets, nor do we guarantee that pet suppliers will carry the animal in question. Capturing and keeping wild animals is illegal and dangerous. Do not engage in this activity.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California