Can you have a Pet Thorny Devil? Legal Domesticated Thorny Devils, Where are they for Sale?
Thorny devils are amazing little creatures, but can they be legally kept as pets? The answer is somewhat mixed for the most part. Australia has laws in place to protect its native wildlife and its exportation. However, some countries allow the legal ownership of thorny devils. Purchasing a thorny devil can be done through an exotic pet dealer and is generally quite expensive. Before considering a thorny devil as a pet, remember that the legality is somewhat of a gray area depending on which country you live in and the source of the animal. Additionally, you should know that thorny devils survive primarily on certain species of ants, consuming thousands of them every day. As a result of these factors, it is not advised to keep a thorny devil as a pet.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. Keeping the above mentioned animal as a pet may be dangerous or illegal. We do not condone selling illegal pets, nor do we guarantee that pet suppliers will carry the animal in question. Capturing and keeping wild animals is illegal and dangerous. Do not engage in this activity.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California