Can you have a Pet Tasmanian Devil? Legal Domesticated Pet Tasmanian Devils, Where are they for Sale?
Predators of the island of Tasmania, Tasmanian devils are really neat creatures. But are they legal to keep as pets? Unfortunately, the answer is no. Tasmanian devils are an endangered species due to their extensive hunting in the 1800s, and as a result they are protected by law from being pets. If the Tasmanian devil population ever recovers, they would likely make excellent pets. Currently, local residents of Tasmania develop relationships with wild Tasmanian devils, leaving food for them or even taking them for walks on leashes. If the laws change in future, purchase of Tasmanian devils as pets will most likely involve specialty pet breeders.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. Keeping the above mentioned animal as a pet may be dangerous or illegal. We do not condone selling illegal pets, nor do we guarantee that pet suppliers will carry the animal in question. Capturing and keeping wild animals is illegal and dangerous. Do not engage in this activity.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California