Can you have a Pet Squirrel? Legal Domesticated Pet Squirrels, Where are they for Sale?
Squirrels are furry, quick, and really cute, but can you keep them as pets? The answer in most cases is yes! Laws pertaining to pet squirrels varies between states and countries, but they are often legal. First check with your local wildlife services department and confirm the legal situation in your area. Rural areas are generally more likely to make allowances. Some areas require training in wildlife care and a license, but others are more flexible. If pet squirrels are legal in your area, speak to an exotic pet dealer. Be sure to fully inquire as to their proper diet and care before making a purchase.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. Keeping the above mentioned animal as a pet may be dangerous or illegal. We do not condone selling illegal pets, nor do we guarantee that pet suppliers will carry the animal in question. Capturing and keeping wild animals is illegal and dangerous. Do not engage in this activity.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California