Can you have a Pet Squid? Legal Domesticated Giant Squids, Where are they for Sale?
Many people ask the question, is it legal to own a pet squid? The answer in many cases is yes. Many states and countries allow squids to be kept as pets, provided you have the proper equipment for their needs. Squids require special tanks and environmental conditions for their survival. You must also consider the cost of food, which can be as high as $40 per month. To purchase a squid, speak to an exotic pet supplier or marine pet shop. Giant squids are not kept as pets, due to their enormous size, potential danger, and rarity.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. Keeping the above mentioned animal as a pet may be dangerous or illegal. We do not condone selling illegal pets, nor do we guarantee that pet suppliers will carry the animal in question. Capturing and keeping wild animals is illegal and dangerous. Do not engage in this activity.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California