Can you have a Pet Owl? Legal Domesticated and Trained Owls, Where are they for Sale?
Owls are a proud and powerful bird of prey. Looking upon their majesty, many ponder the question: Is it legal to own a pet owl? Looking at the Harry Potter movies, you will see owls kept as pets, supporting the possibility. But unfortunately the legal reality is a little more complicated and unclear. The majority of areas have laws against keeping owls as pets due to concerns of avian flu. However, some states and regions have laws allowing the legal domestication and training of owls as pets. It is important to research the matter for your area before such an undertaking. When legality permits, owls can make excellent pets and can even be trained in a variety of ways including tricks and hunting. To purchase an owl, first verify the pet laws for owls in your region, then speak to a specialty pet supplier.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. Keeping the above mentioned animal as a pet may be dangerous or illegal. We do not condone selling illegal pets, nor do we guarantee that pet suppliers will carry the animal in question. Capturing and keeping wild animals is illegal and dangerous. Do not engage in this activity.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California