Can you have a Pet Opossum? Legal Domesticated Possum, Where are they for Sale?
Possums are cute little creatures, but are they legal to be kept as pets? The answer depends on where you live and more particularly upon the local pet laws. Most states and countries allow the legal possession of possums as pets. Whatever you do, do not try to trap a wild opossum, as this will expose you to disease and it is inherently illegal due to wildlife protection laws. Instead, obtain a domesticated possum from a pet store or online pet dealer.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. Keeping the above mentioned animal as a pet may be dangerous or illegal. We do not condone selling illegal pets, nor do we guarantee that pet suppliers will carry the animal in question. Capturing and keeping wild animals is illegal and dangerous. Do not engage in this activity.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California