Can you have a Pet Octopus? Legal Domesticated Pet Octopuses, Where are they for Sale?
With their eight legs, octopuses seem like they would make excellent pets. But is that legal? The answer, in most cases, is yes. Many countries and states allow octopuses to be kept as pets. You will need an aquarium specially equipped to provide for the needs of an octopus and the food bill will often be expensive: about $40 per month. Certain types of octopus are poisonous, such as the blue ring octopus, and so are not recommended as pets as they can be quite dangerous. Purchase of a domesticated octopus can be made from marine pet stores and exotic pet suppliers.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. Keeping the above mentioned animal as a pet may be dangerous or illegal. We do not condone selling illegal pets, nor do we guarantee that pet suppliers will carry the animal in question. Capturing and keeping wild animals is illegal and dangerous. Do not engage in this activity.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California