Can you have a Pet Meerkat? Legal Domesticated Meerkats, Where are they for Sale?
Meerkats are extremely cute and intelligent. As a result, many people desire them as pets. But is this possible, and would this even be legal? The answer to both these questions, in most cases, is no. Meerkats are protected by multiple laws in the interests of their well-being. As a result, almost all sales of meerkats except to zoos are illegal. If you were able to obtain a meerkat as a pet, it most likely would not survive well in captivity, as they crave open spaces and constantly need to burrow, looking for food. Most meerkats die in captivity.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. Keeping the above mentioned animal as a pet may be dangerous or illegal. We do not condone selling illegal pets, nor do we guarantee that pet suppliers will carry the animal in question. Capturing and keeping wild animals is illegal and dangerous. Do not engage in this activity.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California