Can you have a Pet Kookaburra? Legal Domesticated Pet Kookaburras, Where are they for Sale?
Kookaburras are beautiful but mysterious creatures, with their eerie call sounding just like echoing laughter. Can you keep a kookaburra as a pet? The answer to that question is slightly unclear. Kookaburras are considered part of the kingfisher family of birds, which are apparently legal to keep as pets in Australia. However, all native wildlife in Australia is protected by national law, meaning it is the property of the government. Speaking to your local animal control and care department is the best way to determine the answer to this question in your area. If they are legal in your area, speak to an exotic bird and pet seller. Do not simply go out and catch a wild kookaburra.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. Keeping the above mentioned animal as a pet may be dangerous or illegal. We do not condone selling illegal pets, nor do we guarantee that pet suppliers will carry the animal in question. Capturing and keeping wild animals is illegal and dangerous. Do not engage in this activity.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California