Can you have a Pet Hippopotamus? Legal Domesticated Hippos, Where are they for Sale?
Everybody loves a hippopotamus. And wouldn’t you just love to have a hippo as a pet? While it would be an amazing experience, it is unfortunately illegal in most cases. Hippos are generally protected by national laws to protect wildlife in their native environments. Generally, the only way to keep the pet hippo is to open a zoo or to become a wildlife caregiver and move to Africa. as a result, obtaining a pet hippopotamus can be quite difficult. If hippopotamuses are ever considered legal to be kept as pets, that an exotic pet dealer or trainer would be able to supply you with one. However, if you were to keep a pet hippo, it would be quite expensive.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. Keeping the above mentioned animal as a pet may be dangerous or illegal. We do not condone selling illegal pets, nor do we guarantee that pet suppliers will carry the animal in question. Capturing and keeping wild animals is illegal and dangerous. Do not engage in this activity.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California