Can you have a Pet Gazelle? Legal Domesticated Gazelles, Where are they for Sale?
Gazelles are beautiful and graceful creatures, especially if you observe them in the wilds of Africa. But is it legal to keep a gazelle as a pet? Unfortunately, in most cases, the answer as to the question of legality is no. Gazelles are protected by a wide range of laws in Africa to protect wildlife from being poached and captured. While gazelles are not endangered, they could easily be wiped out by a sudden drive of hunting and poaching. Currently, the only way to keep a pet gazelle is to open the zoo. If it ever does become legal to own a pet gazelle, you’ll need to negotiate with a specialty pet dealer to obtain one.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. Keeping the above mentioned animal as a pet may be dangerous or illegal. We do not condone selling illegal pets, nor do we guarantee that pet suppliers will carry the animal in question. Capturing and keeping wild animals is illegal and dangerous. Do not engage in this activity.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California