Can you have a Pet Flying Squirrel? Legal Domesticated Flying Squirrels, Where are they for Sale?
Looking at a flying squirrel’s cute little face, it’s hard not to wonder if they can be kept as pets. But is that legal? The answer is yes, but only in some cases. Flying squirrels make their homes in the southwestern United States and certain other regions of the world. Capturing a flying squirrel from the wild is illegal almost everywhere, so you must acquire one from an exotic pet dealer or breeder. In most cases you’ll need a permit to legally own a pet flying squirrel. In other cases, state or national laws may prohibit keeping a flying squirrel as a pet. If you can legally obtain one, flying squirrels make excellent pets, often climbing their owner and sleeping in their pocket.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. Keeping the above mentioned animal as a pet may be dangerous or illegal. We do not condone selling illegal pets, nor do we guarantee that pet suppliers will carry the animal in question. Capturing and keeping wild animals is illegal and dangerous. Do not engage in this activity.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California