Can you have a Pet Elephant? Legal Domesticated Elephant, Where are they for Sale?
Just about everyone has fantasized at one point or another about having a pet elephant. But is this legal? And would you even want a pet elephant if it was? First off, most species of elephants are endangered and as a result are highly illegal to be kept as pets. In addition, due to poaching and the ivory trade, even the non-endangered species of elephants are highly protected by strict laws. The only way to legally own elephant is through special permission, as with a zoo or circus. If you could get your hands on a pet elephant, then you would quickly realize that they require a large amount of work and are very expensive to maintain. Purchase of an elephant is highly illegal at this time, although this might change with the laws in future.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. Keeping the above mentioned animal as a pet may be dangerous or illegal. We do not condone selling illegal pets, nor do we guarantee that pet suppliers will carry the animal in question. Capturing and keeping wild animals is illegal and dangerous. Do not engage in this activity.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California