Can you have a Pet Cobra? Legal Domesticated King Cobras, Where are they for Sale?
With their strange hoods and markings, cobras are a source of fascination for many. Have you ever wanted to own one as a pet? Unfortunately, it is illegal in most states and countries to keep a cobra as a pet. However, you can get around this in certain ways and in certain circumstances. If you are properly trained and certified in handling dangerous snakes then you may be able to obtain special permission in your area to handle a cobra and keep one as a pet. If you do find yourself in a position to legally own a cobra, then you can make a purchase from a specialty reptile breeder in your area. Generally it is a good idea to have a cobra’s venom sacs removed before taking it in as a pet.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. Keeping the above mentioned animal as a pet may be dangerous or illegal. We do not condone selling illegal pets, nor do we guarantee that pet suppliers will carry the animal in question. Capturing and keeping wild animals is illegal and dangerous. Do not engage in this activity.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California