Can you have a Pet Armadillo? Legal Domesticated Armadillos
Anyone who has ever seen an armadillo knows how cute they are and has probably wondered if it is possible to keep one as a pet. The answer is actually yes. While they are cute, armadillos are also nocturnal and scavengers, so expect household problems. Armadillos do not seem to exhibit any serious forms of hostility toward owners in captivity. However you should be warned that this cannot always be said for certain. Do not take an armadillo as a pet unless you have spoken to a veterinarian on the subject beforehand. And certainly, under no circumstances, take in a wild armadillo; it may be diseased or hold some other danger. The legality of keeping a pet armadillo is somewhat questionable. While it does not appear to overtly violate any laws, city or state ordinances may prohibit keeping such animals as pets.
Disclaimer: We do not condone keeping the above-mentioned animal as a pet. This article is for informational purposes only. Please consult with professionals for more information on the subject. Domesticating armadillos may be illegal depending on your location and local laws and ordinances. It may also be dangerous.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California