Can you eat Cat Food? Is it Safe and Healthy to Eat Cat Food?
While it might seem as if cat food is indeed edible, is it actually safe to consume it? Cat food comes in two forms: canned and dry. Wet cat food is most often composed of a combination of meat and fish. In addition to these, wheat gluten and other additives are also mixed in to provide the illusion of meat chunks and to help coagulate the substance. Dry cat food is composed of a mixture of meat and fish along with a majority of grains. Dry cat food also often contains a certain quantity of ground animal bone, which can have an extremely damaging effect upon the human digestive system, which is not suited for dealing with this type of abrasive ingredient. All in all, while it is possible to eat cat food, it is strongly not recommended.
Disclaimer: This article is intended for informational and entertainment purposes only. Do not consume the products discussed above.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California