Can the iPad run Windows or Mac programs?
With the launch of the popular Apple iPad, many potential users are wondering whether their existing desktop applications will run on the device. The short answer is no, your existing applications will not run on the iPad.
With that said, there is a workaround of sorts. You can download a free app which allows you to wireless connect to a Mac or PC and remote control the screen using the iPad from another room (or even over the Internet, across the world). These approaches use the Remote Desktop (for Windows) or VNC (for Mac) protocols to show the screen of your computer and allow you to click on, type into, and otherwise interact with your desktop applications. Check out the RDPLite app on the App Store which is free.
Another method to run Mac or Windows programs on your iPad is to get the iPad version of your desktop app. Some Mac apps, such as Pages, Numbers, Keynote, and Papers have an iPad version which can read and edit files, although you will need to purchase this new version of the app (typically less then US$20).
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California