Can Vampires get AIDS? Vampire HIV
Any good vampire buff knows that vampires drink large quantities of human blood and are highly resistant to most forms of disease. But what about HIV and AIDS? Since the virus is transmitted through blood and other bodily fluids, what would stop a vampire from picking it up from one of its many victims? It seems that lower ranking vampires, who possess less power, are sometimes susceptible to the HIV virus and AIDS itself. On the other hand, older and more powerful vampires are completely immune to all diseases and do not have to worry about petty viruses. Vampire AIDS could be the reason why Edward Cullen is always so angsty and sparkly.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. Any individuals considering themselves to be vampires should not think that they are immune to AIDS, HIV, or other disease, and should exercise all due caution as to preventative measures. This article is meant for entertainment, not medical information.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California