Can Crabs Live in Fresh Water?
Crabs need brackish water to survive. If they are left in fresh water, they will not live for very long, as they are meant to be salt-water creatures. Fiddler crabs are often sold in pet stores but without sand, and in some types of salt water they won’t survive more than a few months. If you want to have crabs in an aquarium you must use brackish water, which is very difficult to maintain, and usually the crabs do not survive long.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California